January 14, 2008

BitPim, a CDMA phone organizer

[Submitted by affiliate19]

So, I have an LG VX-8300 that I'm waiting to trade in (on contract credit) for an actual smartphone.
It's going to be a while, so I finally decided to try to use more of the features on this phone in the meantime. I started looking for a free app to help me do it. Specifically, I wanted to transfer my MP3s to the phone for use as both regular listening files, and as ringtones. I was also looking for a better way to edit my
contact info and calendar alerts.

After some googlin', I came across this program:

>link> BitPim.

Open Source free software under the GNU General Public License (aka
GPL). I've found it to be extremely intuitive to use and stable to boot!
Thought I'd pass it along in case anyone was looking for something similar.


~ affiliate19

• extra credit: What is CDMA?

No comments:

Post a Comment

note: Comment spam-guard enabled; and comments may be subject to moderation/approval before appearing.