November 16, 2008

Today’s Japanese Lesson : “Taiko Report Card”

... I was playing MASTER of TAIKO #6 ( 太鼓の達人 ゴー! ゴー! 五代目 ) for the PlayStation 2 (PS2), and one menu item had me stumped ...

 

( “What's with the little lacquer boxes," I wondered… ”)

So, after some kanji-reverse-engineering, here's what I found:

 

太鼓の通信簿 =  Taiko report card = TAIKO no TSUUSHIN BO

 

 

通信= TSUUSHIN = communication; correspondence; news, a report.

 

 

 

‐簿 = BO [] ぼ」= list, book, record (an ending-compound kanji;

e.g. すいとうぼ, "cashbook".

 

 

 

通信簿 = TSUUSHINBO 「つうしんぼ」{ツウシンボ}
                = a report book, a report card

 

 

As for the banners, I think they say "ONSHOKU"…

音色 = musical quality

おんしょく = onshyoku : tone color

 

     

 

 

Oh, and there's also "Additional Element" and "Personal Record":

 追加要素」や「個人成績」を閲覧できる。

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

note: Comment spam-guard enabled; and comments may be subject to moderation/approval before appearing.